Friday, October 15, 2004

Free Beer

Those are two very good words from your record company when you're a band trying to get your start.
Jake Brennan & The Confidence Men headed for North Carolina for a very short record promotion tour. I spotted them at the Cave under a big sign that said FREE PBR! If you have more dignified taste in beer then you missed a very good show.

They started early as the place began to fill at 7:30pm. The look on the poor bartenders face at the thought of an entire shift of free beers made me sympathetic to say the least.
Every member of the band sang along with the songs, and they looked like they were having a very good time playing for us. I don't remember them mentioning if they had CD's to sell, and after all the free beer I had consumed It didn't matter, I was going to buy it regardless. I figured they'd saved me some cash so I had some to spare (Oh the poor bartender).
It was a value and included a DVD of the making of the record Love & Bombs. Their bass player Binky was very friendly and sat down to talk to us a bit. He was also kind enough to take my CD around to be signed by each member of the band.

No comments: