Friday, September 19, 2008

Finally!



Our new record Sleep and Dream of Fire is out now and can be purchased at CD Baby. We are so happy to finally get to share these songs after so long. It will be available digitally in the next few weeks but hard copies are ready to send. Just follow this link to check it out and listen to some of the tracks.
http://cdbaby.com/cd/sequoya

I tried to keep it as DIY as possible and did all of the recording and printing myself. I also created a lyric booklet (in case you were wondering what I said). The CD's were replicated professionally (cool silver bottoms) and designed by Quick Brown Fox Design. The sound was professionally mastered and I was amazed by the difference it made in the recordings. The packaging will change and be reinvented often. I wanted the luxury to change my mind and find other DIY alternatives as they come.

Over the past four years I've been recording, writing, and talking about this record. I'm so happy that it's done, but after completing a project there is a sadness that goes along with the joy. I chalk it up to nervousness and the uncertainty of what's to come, but that's the fun part. There should be a new music video and I've been recording an amazing Duo, Sawteeth McTweedy. I'm excited to put everything I've learned about DIY recording towards their music.

No comments: